Pormo recipe methods, ingredients and tips. How to make pormo, pormo recipe, video on how to prepare pormo. Easy pormo instructions video, pormo recipe guide.
Pormo step by step recipe, methods, directions, all from GlobalChefService.
This is a complete Pormo recipe article, use below links to jump to sections.
Pormo is a simple, yet a very popular Nigerian food. It is a savory and a little spicy peppered appetizer with a batter-like consistency. You can make pormo with a few simple ingredients. There are lots of variations too. Here is a recipe on how to make pormo.
Peppered Pormo, also known as Kpomo Alata Sue Sue, is a delicacy that is sure to lift your spirits on any given day. It's a dish made with cow skin, also known locally as Kpomo, Ponmo, or Kanda, with hot and spicy peppers.
It's a local bar favorite that's usually eaten as an appetizer, something to chew on while you sip your chilled drink. Believe me when I say that this has the potential to set fire to both the front and back doors, so eat sparingly.
Peppered pormo, also known as Pomo, is a spicy, mouthwatering, and appetizing dish made with cow skin, also known as kanda meat. Aside from the peppered pormo Alata, there is also the stew pormo, which is equally delicious.
Nigerian pormo comes in two varieties: thin and soft and thick and tough. Pormo's English name is Cow skin, and it is a type of edible cow hide.
Here you have simple and straightforward instructions, directions on how to prepare Pormo. Also, list of pormo ingredients and tips is also covered.
Recipe: Pormo Recipe
Author: Chef Service
Average rating: 4.4 of 5.0 from 54 reviews
Tags: pormo, pormo recipe, how to make pormo, recipe video, easy method of making pormo, video on how to prepare pormo, how to prepare pormo, pormo instructions video, pormo recipe methods, pormo recipe tips, pormo recipe pictures, pormo food photos, pormo step by step making, pormo cooking methods, pormo cooking directions
About: Pormo recipe guide. Learn how to make your authentic Mexican food, pormo.
Pormo Ingredients List
Here you have all the ingredients for making Pormo. Directions and how to prepare pormo follows after.
- 8 normal sized pormo (a.k.a. Kpomo, Kanda or Ponmo)
- Half cup of palm oil
- 4 Medium sized Scotch Bonnet
- 5 Medium sized Chili pepper
- 1 Onion Bulb
- Seasoning, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Curry powder, to taste
Pormo recipe step by step
Here you have all the step by step information on preparation of pormo. Directions and how to prepare pormo recipe below.
- Wash your pormo properly to be free from sand, then transfer to a clean pot set aside ready for cooking. Use this procedure below to wash your pormo.
- Place the peppers in a grinder after thoroughly rinsing them.
- Set aside after coarsely grinding.
- Spice the pormo meat with salt, 1 seasoning cube, ½ onions slice, curry powder, and cook to tender. Thereafter, remove from heat and drain the stock.
- To do step 3 follow me: In an empty pot, place the cleaned cow skin (pormo).
- Add water and salt to taste, cover, and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the pormo is soft.
- Drain the water and set the cooked pormo aside.
- Return the pot to the burner and add the cooking oil.
- Allow it to heat for 1 minute before adding the chopped onion.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes before adding the crushed seasoning, ground peppers, salt to taste, and crushed seasoning.
- Stir and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cooked pormo until everything is combined.
- Allow to simmer for 3 minutes on low heat before serving your peppered kpomo.
- Garnish with green bell pepper and onion slices. Serve!
Pormo food images
How to wash pormo properly
This procedure is actually not necessary as you can discern how. to. wash your pormo even only with sponge, scraper and water
Anyways, let's show you how to properly male your pormo stone free
- Cut the cow skin into the desired size pieces.
- Scrape dirt from the back of the skin.
- Remove any excess meat from the inside of the pormo. Under running water, wash the pormo. Allow to air dry.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line an oven tray with foil
- Place the pormo pieces on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Bake for a few minutes, or until the pieces are curled and dry.
- Take the pormo out of the oven. Cover the curled pieces with water in a pot. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes. Take the cooked ponmo out of the water and set it aside to cool. Reduce the size of the pieces.
Video on How to make Pormo
Watch the video know-how of Pormo. Have a audio-visual clue and in depth explanations on how to make pormo. Below is the video on how to prepare pormo.
Learn how to make moode. Pormo recipe video guide. Pormo is special dish made with cow skin.
How to make Pormo, endnote
Get out there and try something new today! If you have any other questions or comments about preparing pormo, please contact us anytime at here.
Thanks for taking out the time to see this nice pormo recipe. I believe you will be trying it out very soon or you're just right in the process now. Do like, share and follow us for more.
Let us know your thoughts on Pormo recipe by leaving a comment below.